You are about to cancel your Homework
- Note that normally, problems can be resolved by communicating with the other party.
- By canceling, you agree to allow HomeworkForYou to make appropriate decisions to resolve any conflicts arising from this cancellation.
- Please note that the cost for arbitration/dispute resolution is fixed at 9% of the total project cost.
You can deposit additional funds for this homework here. Remember, it won't be sent until you choose to release it later when the work is done.
Need your homework done quickly?
For $5, we will send an alert email to all our registered users!
If you do this, we guarantee a bid within 3 hours or your money back!
In order to explore the diverse ways womens organizations promote people to people connections across cultural divides, please examine the questions for each organization and answer these 4 areas:
position statement or mission of each organization;
actions to achieve their mission
effectiveness, in your opinions, of the group in forwarding their mission.
Please the question included:
Please look at the following Intercultural Organizations and answer for 5.
1) The Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), the oldest women's peace organization in the world.
http://wilpfus.org/ (Links to an external site.)
Question: Why did women almost 100 years ago organize internationally to define peace as a womens issue?
2) International Museum of Women (I.M.O.W.), an innovative museum that inspires global action, connects people across borders and transforms hearts and minds by amplifying the voices of women worldwide through global online exhibitions. http://www.imow.org/ (Links to an external site.)
Question: What innovative ways can online exhibits be used to make cross-cultural connections?
3) The article at the URL below, Women Waging Peace, offers critical and often overlooked perspectives to the peacemaking process. http://foreignpolicy.com/2009/11/19/women-waging-peace/ (Links to an external site.)
Question: In what ways can examples of womens efforts from around the world offer new ground in peacemaking and reconstruction?
4) Women in Black, a world-wide network of women committed to creating a political culture of women, and of peace with justice. The participation of women of diverse backgrounds and across conflict divides in decision making is crucial. http://www.womeninblack.org/ (Links to an external site.) Question: During conflicts, are women freer to publicly express their solidarity with each other?
5) Girls Helping Girls: Girls in the United States are partnered with girls in schools and community organizations in developing countries to jointly identify problems in their communities and develop social change through micro lending projects to address those issues.
http://www.empoweragirl.org/pages/page.php?pageid=13 (Links to an external site.)
Question: Can international connections of youths become change makers around the world?
6) Rwanda Women in Action: Hutu and Tutsi tribe, survivors of the 1994 genocide and its violent aftermath. come together in the spirit of reconciliation to work toward improving the social, economic, and physical security for women and children in Rwanda. http://www.rwia.org/ (Links to an external site.)
Question: After genocide, what can women do?
7) Batisseuses de Paix, or Peace Builders: a cooking club sponsoring cultural sharing programs by Muslim and Jewish women in France to defuse hostilities between Muslims and Jews.
Batisseuses de Paix (Links to an external site.)
Question: Do relationships between Jews and Muslims revolving around everyday events like cooking have a potential to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict before politicians do?
I provided a link for each question- You only need to answer 5 questions out of the 7
Files only available to project owner and assigned user
Rated 9.01/10, $45541 earned across 1606 assignments
Rated 9.2/10, $2720.0 earned across 110 assignments
Rated 9.58/10, $8575.0 earned across 352 assignments
Rated 9.28/10, $19174.0 earned across 776 assignments
Rated 9.52/10, $12929.0 earned across 581 assignments
Rated 8.87/10, $1805.0 earned across 74 assignments
Rated 9.43/10, $2361.0 earned across 90 assignments
Rated 6.67/10, $706.0 earned across 18 assignments