You are about to cancel your Homework
- Note that normally, problems can be resolved by communicating with the other party.
- By canceling, you agree to allow HomeworkForYou to make appropriate decisions to resolve any conflicts arising from this cancellation.
- Please note that the cost for arbitration/dispute resolution is fixed at 9% of the total project cost.
You can deposit additional funds for this homework here. Remember, it won't be sent until you choose to release it later when the work is done.
Need your homework done quickly?
For $5, we will send an alert email to all our registered users!
If you do this, we guarantee a bid within 3 hours or your money back!
MUST COMPLETE BY 9:00PM EST
Assume that you are a CEO of a medium-sized company that needs a significant influx of cash for several expansion projects. As the CEO, you must determine whether your company should remain private or go public. Some companies postpone going public due to the unpredictability of economic and market conditions. Consider the ramifications of both alternatives. Construct an argument for and against going public. Before providing your response, review the guidelines and regulations associated with going public by visiting Small Business and the SEC located at http://www.sec.gov/info/smallbus/qasbsec.htm.
Use the Internet to research SOX law, located at http://www.sarbanes-oxley-101.com/sarbanes-oxley-compliance.htm.
Write a four (4) page paper in which you:
1. Outline three (3) ways in which your medium-sized private company may benefit from going public, providing a rationale for each.
2. Create an argument that the same goals may be achieved if the company remains a privately held entity. Provide support for your argument.
3. When a company decides to go public, it can typically obtain capital by issuing stocks or bonds. Suggest four (4) leading financial ratios that will be evaluated and how each will impact the companys decision to obtain expansion funds. Determine whether the results of the ratios would alter the decision to go public.
4. By researching the results of SOX compliance surveys, assess the financial impact that SOX might have on your company if it decides to go public. Considering the impact of SOX compliance, take a position as to whether your company can overcome the challenges posed by SOX compliance if the decision is to go public. Based on your research, support your decision by identifying the potential advantages and disadvantages that SOX may have on your company. Provide specific examples.
5. Make a recommendation as the CEO regarding the alternative (i.e., going public or staying private) that will best support the companys expansion goals. Support your position.
6. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Files only available to project owner and assigned user
Rated 0.0/10, $15 earned across 1 assignments
Rated 8.91/10, $3593.0 earned across 85 assignments
Rated 7.19/10, $2723.0 earned across 85 assignments
Rated 0.0/10, $0.0 earned across 0 assignments
Rated 8.83/10, $663.0 earned across 18 assignments
Rated 8.56/10, $1527.0 earned across 53 assignments
Rated 0.0/10, $8.0 earned across 1 assignments